Frightdorable Care and Cleaning
How to Spot Clean
- Wet a washcloth in water or in water + a wool safe wash (like Eucalan no rinse wash)
- Dab at the spot that has become soiled, moistening the stuffed animal's fabric. Do not scrub! Agitation causes felting.
- Allow to air dry.
How do you disinfect plush toys?
Use the gentlest cycle available on your washing machine. Wash plush toys in cold water using a mild detergent. If disinfecting is a concern, opt for warm or hot water, and/or considering using a product like Lysol Laundry Sanitizer, which is safe on both whites and colors, unlike chlorine bleach.
Method 2 Washing Thoroughly By Hand
- Fill a sink or a wash basin with cold water.
- Add a small amount of delicate wash soap.
- Scrub the stuffed animal.
- Squeeze the stuffed animal out.
- Rinse the stuffed animal out.
- Brush out the stuffed animal's fur.
- Dry the stuffed animal.
Steps to Spot Clean the Fleece:
- Fill the sink or bucket with warm water.
- Add a small amount of mild laundry detergent and agitate it to mix well.
- Dip the small brush in the soapy water and scrub any spots and stains.
- Rinse the spots with clean water.
If you use a machine, Place your animal in a mesh bag or a pillowcase. A mesh laundry bag can be purchased at your local dollar store, fabric store, or laundromat. It gives added protection from snagging and jostling by your machine.